Leadership Competency Index Test:Leadership Competency Index assesses an individual on six leadership dimensions arrived at by extensive research into the models and analysis of desirable traits essential to successfully leading an organization and its people. The assessment additionally provides a measure of an individual's readiness status to take on future leadership roles and helps organizations maximize their leadership: finding the right leaders and placing them in positions where they'll drive business and thrive.
Reports for recruitment and for development purpose are provided separately.
What does it measure?
LCI assesses the test taker on the following key competencies:
1. Vision & commitment towards growth: Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the vision and mission of the organization and ensuring that the plans and practices are in line with it even in the worst of situations.
2.Leading Change: Ability to initiate and pursue opportunities leading to creation of business opportunities, evaluating them critically and thoroughly and improve organizational processes.
3. People Management: Managing people from diverse backgrounds within the organization and involving them in various activities that can enhance their social relations and reduce conflict.
4. Drive for results: A passion to complete tasks/responsibilities even in the face of difficulties; operating with personal ownership and looking for ways and means to improve performance all the time.
5. Building relationships/Coalitions: Ability to identify and initiate working relationships and to develop and maintain them in a way that is of mutual benefit to both yourself and the other party
6. Personal Competence: It is a combination of observable and measurable knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes that contributes to enhanced employee performance and personal well being, ultimately resulting in organizational success.
Candidates being assessed with development purpose are also assessed on the following sub-competencies of the above-mentioned key competencies:
* Strategic thinking, empowering others, passion for growth, change catalyst constituting vision and commitment towards growth.
* Decision making, tolerance of ambiguity, external awareness, innovation management, trust constituting leading change.
* Team building, leveraging diversity, conflict management, performance management, developing others, goal setting constituting people management.
* Customer centricity, business acumen, accountability, problem solving, achievement orientation, initiative, planning and organizing constituting drive for results.
* Partnering and negotiating skills, impact and influence, risk taking ability, political savvy, stakeholder management, affective communication constituting building relationships/coalitions
* Motivation, learning, integrity, resilience constituting personal competence.
Leadership profile:Based on the responses provided by the candidates on the various competencies, leadership style and leadership readiness level are calculated. This test classifies a candidate into any one of the following styles of leadership:
1. A visionary leader: This leader is one with strong vision for the future, inspiring and helping others to see how they can contribute to this vision.
2. People oriented leader: This leader focuses on creating success by building lasting relationships with employees.
3. Result oriented leader: This leader is one who focuses on success of the business through task completion.
4. 4.Change oriented leader: This leader tries to promote exploration of new and better ways of doing things, or trying to uncover hidden potential in people, things or situations.
Another feature of the test classifies the candidate into any one of the following leadership readiness levels:
1.Non-committal: Likely to lack essential leadership skills and requires additional training before taking on leadership roles.
2.Developing: Striving to be an effective leader but likely to lack some essential leadership skills.
3.Leading: Likely to possess essential leadership skills and effective at managing those around.
4.Modelling: Effectively manages others and is a strong role model and mentor to those around.